A single solution that provides instant operational visibility into health of your NetApp Data ONTAP storage systems. IT professionals can quickly visualize configuration, logs and performance of all their NetApp Data ONTAP storage systems in both 7-Mode and Cluster-Mode with quick drill-downs to specific sub-systems including filer, aggregate, volume, disk and other events.
The Splunk App for NetApp Data ONTAP is compatible with NetApp Data ONTAP 8.x and above.
· Security update to address POODLE vulnerability
· Resolved dashboard bug with affecting Splunk Enterprise version 6.0.7
· Resolved compatibility issues with coexistence of VMware app
· Resolved other minor bugs
For more detail, see the full release notes.
Splunk App for NetApp Data ONTAP 2.0.1 Copyright (C) 2014 Splunk Inc. All rights reserved.
For the Release Notes see: http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/NetApp/2.0.1/Release/Features
The Splunk App for NetApp Data ONTAP provides central visibility into both NetApp Data ONTAP Cluster-Mode and 7-Mode, with quick drill-down to all metrics, log and event data by storage sub-systems such as cluster, aggregate, volume disk and qtrees. It provides context of important events in your NetApp Data ONTAP storage environment and helps you navigate to resources that are over- or under- utilized. Proactively plan your NetApp storage allocation for optimal application performance, identify trends and get alerted about problems such as storage resource consumption issues, anomalies/outliers in latency and response times.
Use Splunk Enterprise to combine your NetApp Data ONTAP systems information with data from all other technology tiers such as hypervisors, applications, operating systems, networks and servers to gain a complete, central view of KPIs across your entire enterprise. Analyze and correlate performance, capacity, error and security information across all your technology tiers with the Big Data scale provided by Splunk Enterprise, for faster problem resolution and more accurate capacity planning. Reclaim underutilized resources and replenish over utilized capacity for optimal cost control. With the Splunk App for NetApp Data ONTAP you can:
- Visualize the operational health of your NetApp Data ONTAP systems in both 7-Mode and Cluster-Mode with visibility to storage controllers, clusters, disk aggregates, volumes, LUNs and qtrees
- Get real-time notification of important NetApp Data ONTAP filer events such as syslog and performance metrics for easy identification of anomalies across all your storage systems for both Cluster-Mode and 7-Mode
- Understand your storage resource consumption and performance utilizing drill-downs by storage entity
- Gain ability to correlate data from your Data ONTAP storage environment with Splunk App for VMware storage constructs
- Correlate data from your NetApp Data ONTAP filers with data from applications, network, virtual and physical compute and OS infrastructure for your enterprise-wide visibility using CIM compatibility and Splunk Enterprise
- Improve your storage monitoring efficiency and proactively plan storage capacity allocations by creating your own customized NetApp storage dashboard(s) using this App’s report pack with 30 out-of-the-box reports.
To learn more, please see refer to the official documentation. Due to significant scalability and other enhancements, there is no migration path offered for Splunk App for NetApp Data ONTAP version 1.0.